Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 23: Teacher Training

I've been giving it a lot of though recently, vacillating between, "Absolutely, sign me up" to "Only the truly insane would even consider it."

Technically, it's all moot anyway because I have to finish NYU first. But then what? Teaching yoga to me wouldn't be any kind of fall back as much as a parallel type deal. It's something I love, something I want to share, something I want to do. It's also a job with relatively flexible hours and the ability to work almost anywhere in the world.

Millions of questions, not a lot of answers. And, I guess there's still a big part of me that feels, "You can only do one, and you must choose." Which I don't think is entirely true but it feels that way.

Essentially, as most of you know, I'm a neurotic mess.

But, onto the teacher training. It would be incredible to have 9 weeks devoted to yoga, provided that I can survive them. The tent apparently reaches temperatures close to 120 and above. Two classes a day, 6 days a week, late nights and early mornings. So...college but we're always physical. Also, it's pretty expensive (though not nearly what a semester at NYU is)

Two halves of my brain. One's convinced I'll go at the first opportunity and the other thinks I'll never make it. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment