Thursday, September 1, 2011

Yoga Tantrum Take 2

I wrote at some point during the 60 day challenge about having a yoga tantrum. Had another one today, embarrassingly at a new studio where I'm applying to be a work study. Oops. Hopefully, they'll understand that my spine strengthening series fits don't mean I'm bad to work with...

I think because I'm still so freaking new at this, different rooms are affecting me a lot more than they might affect a more experienced practitioner. I went from one studio for about 62 classes to suddenly three totally different rooms in three days. All three of them were heated differently, different locations, different teachers, different classmates. The room today was heated from above AND from the floor, I believe. I think the room was actually a great temperature, but I couldn't seem to get used to it. I actually ended up just laying there in savasana for pretty much everything after we got off our bellies. I just couldn't stop feeling incredible anger surging through me. Like I was going to scream at someone for no reason...Not pretty.

There's also just been so much change since Sunday. I've moved into a new apartment that gets no natural light. At first, I didn't think that would affect me all that much, but it's actually really strange living in eternal night. New York is never all that sunny to begin with, but it's so weird looking out and always seeing a dark airshaft. I'm thinking I might just need to take tomorrow off and enjoy the city, rather than run around and get to yoga. I think it was part of my tantrum today-being in New York for almost a week and not really bothering to enjoy myself in it.

Granted, I say this now but could feel differently in the morning. We'll just have to see what happens.

Positives: I am mastering the art of washing sweaty yoga clothes in a bathtub. My stuff actually smells pretty fresh right now. Oh, and I'm finally doing the first breathing exercise right. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment