Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And sometimes...

So tonight, I finally felt like I was practicing again. I sat out, I may have ended poses early, but I got through all of them at least once. It's a practice. Some days, your practice sucks. Other days, it's all right. Sometimes, you finally experience the fruits of always practicing. This was probably one of the middle days, but it was nice.

Yoga has taught me to be more content with change. I came in with a very open, flexible, and strong spine. I have my movement teachers at NYU to thank for that. Now, though, I think I'm starting to build new muscles or really dig deeper. The spine strengthening series and backbending were never easy postures, but I always felt comfortable, like I could really push in them. I'm still pushing, but it's a whole hell of a lot harder currently. Good sign? Hopefully. If not, I'll get through it, and on to the next struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment