Monday, September 5, 2011

The Funk

I'm in a weird moment right now. I'm calling it a Yoga Funk. My practice has kind of....well, gone to shit is the expression that comes to mind. I feel like I'm not breathing, I'm not focused. It's like I'm barely trying but still exhausted and unable to complete poses. I keep have temper tantrums. My last bikram class was on Saturday, and I actually had to sit down on the sidewalk because I thought I was going to throw up all over the street or possibly pass out. Today, I woke up feeling slightly queasy, so I went to Yoga to the People instead. 60 minute class, not heated, thought it might be a nice change. Same stuff. Couldn't stay in poses, couldn't even pick myself up off the mat sometimes.

I don't know what's up, if I should be concerned, or if this is all part of the journey. I guess I find it concerning because this is something I do/go to consistently. It is my daily practice, my own version of a religion or a spirituality, so I wonder what this funk is speaking to. I'm assuming it's the big change in location/diet/lifestyle/surroundings/everything that moving back to school brings my way. In my yogic mind, this is just another challenge to move through, a bend in the path. But on the other hand, I'm kind of sick of it and would like to get back in the swing of things. Like come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment