Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 47: Finding the Breath

I think today's class and yesterday's class were the first time I ever did half moon posture right. It's the second posture in class, and it's basically two side bends, one right and one left. The teacher's dialogue says that you should feel a stretch from the heels to the fingertips. Well, I finally actually did. It was sort of amazing to have the moment of, "OH, that's what this is supposed to be."

I knew I found it because of my breath. Instead of feeling sort of uncomfortable and collapsed, I could breath really easily and fully. The hardest part of this whole challenge has been remembering that, especially on days when I'm feeling frustrated or exhausted. Just listen to your breathing. It's not exactly entertaining, but damn you'll learn a shit ton.

No comments:

Post a Comment